Special import regulations for wheels from non-member countries
Licensing has been introduced for imports of wheels originating from countries that are not members of the Eurasian Economic Union and are not contracting parties to the Geneva Agreement.
A licence is required for imports of both new and used wheels.
All disks with the EEU Foreign Trade HS code 8708 70 500 9 are subject to licensing. It concerns all light alloy aluminium wheels for cars and vans, trucks up to 3.5 tons and trailers up to 3.5 tons.
Special regulation for wheels from China and USA
When importing aluminium wheels into Russia from China and the United States, it is necessary to provide the customs authorities with a license issued by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation.
For the absence of this license, there could be a fine for legal entities from 50.000 to 300.000 rubles with confiscation of goods.
Procedure for applying for a licence
If aluminium wheels fall within the scope of UN Regulation No. 124, it is necessary to provide:
- copies of the confirmation concerning the type approval under UN Regulation No. 124
- the original letter of the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology, which proves the validity of the submitted confirmation on the type approval of wheels made of aluminium
If the aluminium wheels do not fall within the scope of UN Regulation No. 124, it is necessary to provide:
- original or copy of the contract for the supply of aluminium wheels
- Aluminium wheel manufacturer’s declarations that aluminium wheels are not intended for wheeled vehicles of categories M1, M1G, N1G, N1G, N1G, O1 and O2 (free form)
- the original letter from the Federal Agency for Technical Regulation and Metrology stating that imported aluminium wheels do not fall within the scope of UN Regulation No. 124